Formula 1 2022: Max Verstappen aims for Schumacher and Vettel’s record
Max Verstappen’s campaign was spectacular and his results put the Dutchman in a select group of drivers who have won 10 or more wins in a single season, the most important thing for the reigning Formula 1 champion is that He has in his hands to leave behind legends like Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel.
Verstappen sneaks into Hamilton-led list
With his triumph in Italy, the Red Bull driver took his 11th victory of the campaign, joining a list that includes just four drivers: Michael Schumacher, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and now Verstappen. All of them have at some point managed to win at least 10 Grands Prix. Lewis Hamilton had been the last to achieve 11 wins in a single campaign and the only one to have done so in five seasons.
Drivers with the most wins in a season in Formula 1
- 2004 | Michael Schumacher | 13 of 18
- 2013 | Sebastien Vettel | 13 out of 19
- 2022 | Michael Schumacher | 11 of 17
- 2014 | Lewis Hamilton | 11 of 19
- 2018 | Lewis Hamilton | 11 of 21
- 2019 | Lewis Hamilton | 11 of 21
- 2020 | Lewis Hamilton | 11 of 17
- 2022 | Max Verstappen | 11 on 16 *
- 2015 | Lewis Hamilton | 10 of 19
Max goes for the record
Max has in his hands the possibility of remaining the maximum winner Well, so far he has 11 wins in the campaign so he is two away from matching the numbers of Vettel and Schumacher, only that the Red Bull driver still has six Grand Prix to go. So if you keep winning step could equal the record 13 wins at the Japanese Grand Prix on October 6 and his first chance to stand alone at the top will be the United States GP on October 21.
Big prizes to come
- Singapore GP | September 30
- Japanese GP | October 6
- United States GP | 21st of October
- Mexican GP | October 28
- Brazilian GP | November 11th
- Abu Dhabi GP | November 18
#Formula #Max #Verstappen #aims #Schumacher #Vettels #record