ICARDI, MERTENS AND MATA INCLUDED: The 13 reinforcements Galatasaray have closed for the 2022/23 season
After the disappointing 2021/22 season, in which they finished very far from the title and could not even qualify for European competitions, Galatasaray wants to come back to the fore.
For this reason, they came out at the summer window to strengthen themselves from everything. Without spending too much (just over 30 million euros in transfers and loan fees), because they wanted to take advantage of market opportunities, they managed to close 13 reinforcements.
They fortified all their field lines. But the names of Mauro Icardi, Juan Mata, Dries Mertens, Lucas Torreira, Haris Seferovic, Yusuf Demir and Milot Rashica stand out of course.
Although most of them are not at their best, they have shown – at different stages of their careers – that they can be players of international stature.
THE 13 REINFORCEMENTS OF GALATASARAY
- Lucas Torreira (Arsenal): midfielder 26 years old. Transfer for 6 million euros.
- Yusuf Demir (Vienna Fast): Extreme. 19 years old. Transfer for 6 million euros.
- Fredrik Midtsjo (AZ Alkmaar): Midfielder. 28 years. Transfer for 3.5 million euros.
- Sergio Oliveira (Porto): Midfielder. 30 years. Transfer for 3 million euros.
- Abdulkerim Bardakci (Konyaspor): central defender. 27 years. Transfer for 2.8 million euros.
- Leo Dubois (Lyon): Right side. 27 years. Transfer for 2.5 million euros.
- Mathias Ross (Aalborg): central defender. 21 years old. Transfer for 1.75 million euros.
- Kazimcan Karatas (Altay Spor): Left side. 19 years old. Transfer for 1.14 million euros.
- Haris Seferovic (Benfica): centre-forward 30 years old. lent
- Mauro Icardi (PSG): centre-forward 29 years old. lent
- Milot Rashica (Norwich City): Extreme. 26 years. lent
- Dries Mertens (Napoli): Versatile striker. 35 years. free agent.
- Juan Mata (Manchester United): Half point. 34 years old. free agent.
Undefeated data. Galatasaray is the Turkish club with the most league titles. They have 22 in their entire history. The last time they won it was in 2019.
Did you know that…? Not so long ago, Galatasaray brought together in the same team elements of the stature of Didier Drogba, Wesley Sneijder and Felipe Melo. Accustomed to this type of additions.
#ICARDI #MERTENS #MATA #INCLUDED #reinforcements #Galatasaray #closed #season